Northern County Psychiatric Associates
Our practice has experience in the treatment of Depression, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD), Separation Anxiety Disorder, and other psychiatric conditions. We are located in Northern Baltimore County and serve the Baltimore County, Carroll County and Harford County areas in Maryland.
Since we are near the Pennsylvania border, we also serve the York County area. Our services include psychotherapy, psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and family therapy. We treat children, adults, and the elderly.
Carol E. Watkins, MD
- Received her medical degree from the University of Virginia in 1981.
- Completed General Psychiatry training at the University of Maryland Hospital in 1985
- Wendell Muncie Award for research: “The Effect of Dementia on the Patient’s Spouse” 1984
- Brodie Award for Psychotherapy, 1985.
- Child Psychiatry Fellowship (University of Maryland and Shepherd-Pratt Hospital Program); Chief Child Fellow 1986.
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry, 1986.
- Board Certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 1987.
- CHADD Volunteer of the Year 2001
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association
- Editorial Board: The Maryland Psychiatrist
- Former Greater Baltimore CHADD: Professional Advisory Board
- Author of many articles on adult, child and adolescent mental health issues.
- Psychiatric evaluations of children, adolescents, adults and families
- Outpatient consultations to primary care physicians
- Individual therapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Family therapy
- Medication management of adults and children
- Medical hypnosis
- Consultation on school and learning issues
Glenn O. Brynes, Ph.D., M.D.
- Received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Harvard University in 1977.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Virginia in 1981
- General Psychiatry residency at the University of Maryland Hospital.
- Chief Resident in 1985.
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry with Added Qualifications in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Psychiatric evaluations of adults including the elderly.
- Outpatient consultations to primary care and specialty physicians
- Individual and family therapy with adults
- Medication management for adults.